In the course of the further development of professional project management, PMI® has recognised the demand for a proof of competence for the professional project risk manager and with the PMI-RMP® certification has set a globally recognised, uniform standard for professional project risk management.
The certificate attests to experience in project risk management as well as a deep understanding and knowledge of PMI® Project Management “Best Practices” in risk management.
The certificate is a valuable proof of competence for project risk managers, project managers, programme managers, project portfolio managers and PMO managers.
Please note that this seminar requires a very good knowledge and understanding of the PMBOK® Guide and the content of the PMP® Preparation Seminar.
Information on application and registration • Information on the PMI-RMP®-Exam
Context and objective of risk management in projects • Organisational requirements for project and project risk management • PMI®‘s risk management processes • Definitions and delimitations of terms
Preparation of the planning
Necessary information about the project and project environment • Project mission • Stakeholders • Processes and outputs of the other knowledge areas • Lessons learned • Risk taking in project constraints
Risk management planning
Project organisation, PMO and • Risk management organisation • Roles and responsibilities • Risk management activities • Risk management plan
Benefits and objectives • Stakeholder involvement • Methods and techniques of risk identification • Risk documentation • Risk register
Qualitative Risk Analysis
Benefits and objectives • Planning and delimitation • Verification of assumptions • Assessment of probability and impact • Classification and prioritisation • Documentation of results
Quantitative Risk Analysis
Benefits and objectives • Methods and techniques for estimating and calculating probability and impact • Modelling and simulation methods • “Watch list” of less critical risks • Risk exposure of the project
Risk Management Measures
Benefits and objectives • Measures and approach • Involvement of experts • Residual risks • Risk owners • Surcharges and reserves • Alternative plans • Secondary risks • Contracts • Documentation
Risk Monitoring and Management
Benefits and objectives • Implementing, monitoring and controlling risk management measures • Monitoring and managing surcharges and reserves • Setting up and implementing contingency measures • Audits and checks • Analysis of the completion value • Risk communication • Risk reports • Lessons learned • Documentation
Benefits and objectives • Roles and responsibilities • Standards, processes and practice • Knowledge management
Tips and tricks • Test exams
- You are familiar with the (sub)processes, term definitions and delimitations of project risk management.
- You know how risk planning, risk identification and quantitative and qualitative risk analysis are carried out and are familiar with the documents, processes and methods required for this.
- You are able to plan risk measures and to monitor and control them throughout the project.
- You know responsibilities and roles in relation to project risk management as well as risk governance standards.
- You are optimally prepared for the PMI-RMP® examination and know how to register for it.
- Computer / Tablet
- Internet access
- Internet-Browser (e.g. Chrome)
- Microsoft Teams App (recommended, but optional)
1. The official requirements for the participation in this preparation course according to PMI® can be read here
2. Since the PMI-RMP® certification is taken in English, all seminar documents are also in English